Monday, August 16, 2010

So Noah went to the doctor today for his 4 month checkup and apparently he is too skinny! :( I have been strictly breastfeeding and just started supplementing cereal about 10 days ago but he doesn't care for it, so now I have to start supplementing formula! I really didn't want to ever give him formula so i'm pretty upset but he hasn't gained 1 pound in 2 months so I have to do what's best for him! I was also getting excited about making his own baby food but dr says now we should probably wait till he's 6 months for that! :( He also had to get 2 shots so he was not a happy camper!
After the doctor and a trip to the grocery we were both exhausted and soaking wet...it is just too dang hot to do anything!
When we got home I tried to feed him the formula and it took me 3 tries over a 2 hour period and he finally ate 2oz.! I hope he doesn't keep that up!
Oh yeah, and the doctor told me that I need to start letting him eat in the middle of the night again! Not happy about that one at all...hes been sleeping through the night for almost 2 months now...he only wakes up a couple times but I just put the passi back in and he goes back to sleep, well, not anymore! Now, when he wakes up I have to get him up and feed him! BOO! :(
At least it's only till he gains some weight! Please pray with me that he puts the pounds on quick!
She told me I probably just have allergies and to give it a couple more days and if I still feel bad then she'll call me in an antibiotic!
SO, it hasn't been a very good Monday but at least we are about to get some rain...I hope! It sure got dark and windy and Nate said its pouring on 1960 so I see some sprinkles and am praying for a downpour! We need it soooo bad...our yard is dying and we can't afford to water it ALL the time!
I am really missing my parents and can't wait to see my Mom in 2 weeks!
Also really missing date nights and time alone with Nate! :( Its just so hard when we are on such a tight budget and plus I don't have many people I feel comfortable leaving Noah with! I'm probably over protective but oh well! It sure would be nice to have a break though! Feeling a little overwhelmed!
So enough about my WONDERFUL day and my poor pitiful me rant! :)
Joy comes in the morning and tomorrow will be a better day! :)

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry that you got dissapointing news at the doctors office today, but you should be very proud of yourself for successfully breastfeeding for 4 months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl,
    I will help you out with Noah for you and Nate to have some time together :) Maybe we could switch off, you can take Camilla for a couple hours some night and I can take Noah for you. I know it's hard to find people that you trust with your kiddos. Nobody knows him like you do so it's just hard, even if its the most trustworthy person in the world! I know exactly how you feel. I'm so cranky right now that I snap at Steven constantly... a combination of not getting enough rest, Camilla being really fussy in the evenings and missing out on quality time with my hubby!

    ReplyDelete