Saturday, August 21, 2010

Books



I have been making more time to read lately, which I love to do and I think it helps keep me sane!





I recently finished reading The Last Song, by Nicholas Sparks and I can't wait to watch the movie...even though I think the books are always better! That has been the case with the Notebook and Dear John!
I loved this book and found myself crying on many occasion just as I do in all his books! He is such an amazing writer and I love the way I can truly envision the story and characters in my mind which is why I think I never like the movies...they never get it right...at least how I see it in my head! :)

Another one of my favorite authors, is a Christian, fiction author, Karen Kingsbury...yesterday I finished reading her book, Shades of Blue. So good! Hers are easy reading but very real and Christ centered story lines!
Next on the list, that I just started last night is, Divine by Karen Kingsbury! Only through chapter one but so far, so good!



I also love to read author, Francine Rivers! She is so good at taking events and people from the Bible and retelling these stories on such a personal level and taking them from the story you've heard a million times from the Bible, into real life situations on a deeper level. I can't hardly think of people such as Rahab, Mary, Daniel, Bathsheba, Caleb, Gomer, and many others without thinking of her books and realizing how much more is to there stories than the few chapters in the Bible! They were real people who went through some truly awful things and yet God brought healing and wholeness to their lives!

Anyway, more to come soon on Divine and many, many more! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment