Friday, August 13, 2010

Feeling kinda sick? Just a spoon full of sugar make it better real quick


Wow! This is my first blog post! I'm pretty excited! I have wanted to do this for a long time but haven't had the time! I don't even know where to start!
I guess i'll start by introducing me and my family...
Nate and Noah are the sugar sticky sweet stuff of my life! Nate is an amazing father and Noah looks just like his Daddy!
Nate starts a new job in a few weeks with Centerpoint Energy and I recently became a stay at home mom!
I have worked since I was 15 so it has been a huge adjustment for me to be at home all the time! I wouldn't change it for the world though...we have had to make alot of sacrifices in order for me to stay home but we believe that it is worth it and it was the right thing for our family! I can't imagine missing all the little changes that happen everyday with Noah! He amazes me! It has come with its challenges though...I can feel a little stir crazy sometimes! That's one of the reasons I started this blog...I need an outlet! :)
For example, I am watching Baby Einstein for the 2nd time today and haven't been out of the house in 3 days because Noah has been sick! I think I am about to go crazy!
I want this blog to be very real, so if you can't handle it then you don't have to read it, but I won't pretend like my life is perfect and all sugar sticky sweet stuff...I am just trying my hardest to focus on those parts and keep a thankful heart!
I love my husband in a way I never thought possible when we met when I was 15 but our relationship hasn't come easy...we dated for 3 years and then were engaged 1 year and were married when I was 18! After 8 years of many ups and downs I can honestly say I am happily married! I have learned some things though...
Marriage takes alot of work! I was a very selfish, controlling person and had MANY unrealistic expectations when we first got married and Nate was VERY passive and had no communication skills at all! The combination made for some rough times but ONLY with God's help did we make it to this point and we have allowed the hard times to draw us closer together and make us better people! It is so rewarding to look back and see what we have been through and know that we have made it through to other side and we didn't give up!














Anyway, I am very family oriented and only live about 10 minutes from my parents which I am so thankful for! Especially since having Noah, my Mom has been a lifesaver! I don't know what i'd do without her! Love her! They are currently in New Mexico until October so it is killing me! I miss them so much! Mom is coming home to visit for a few weeks the end of August though and I can't wait! My Dad has also really surprised me since Noah has been born! He is so in love with him and is so good and patient with him, which is not how he has always been! :) I am just so thankful for both of them! I am surrounded by Nate's family as well and I think Noah has drawn us all closer together! A baby really does change everything!


There is so much more I want to say but I would just be rambling forever! I will stop here for today since Noah is starting to fuss! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Cassandra...
    Glad to see you've joined the blogging world. It's a lot of fun. Not sure why... but I LOVE it.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cassandra,
    Congrats on your beautiful baby boy and on getting to stay at home with him. Our little one will be one next month and being a stay-at-home mommy has been such a blessing (worth every sacrifice and the stir-craziness) Blogging is an awesome outlet and a great way to document all that is happening with your sweet family.

    ReplyDelete