Friday, May 6, 2011

Mothers Day

I don't know why I always let so much time pass between posts...oh yeah, i'm a mom!
I can't believe it's mothers day again...last year, I had just had Noah...he wasn't even 1 month old yet!
What have I learned over the last year about being a mother...
#1 Sleeping in does not exist anymore
#2 Time goes faster than it ever has before
#3 Right when you think you have them figured out, they change
#4 I don't have all the answers
#5 It's OK that I don't have all the answers
#6 God is my ever present help in time of need
#7 Being a mother is the most fulfilling job i've ever had
#8 I truly would die for my child
#9 Everything about Noah melts my heart and makes me a better person
#10 All I have to do is look at Noah and he puts life in perspective
#11 As long as he is safe and happy, i'm good!
#12 It's not about me anymore...I never realized how selfish I was before
#13 Finding quality conversation is hard to come by

I could go on and on and can't begin to put into words what I have learned in this 1 year being a mother but God has shown me that I am NOT in control, just in case I had any misconceptions after waiting 3 years for Noah! He has shown me that He loves Noah even more than I do, even though it doesn't seem possible, but His love really is unfathomable, and as long as I place Noah in His hands each and every day, I don't have to worry...God's got him!
Things I used to worry about are so pointless now that I have Noah...all I have to do is look at him and everything else goes away!
Watching him grow into each new phase has been so exciting and fun and exhausting and scary!
It is truly a miracle and a blessing to watch a child grow from a little bean in my belly to a walking, talking little man! It still fascinates me when I see something about him that looks like me or looks like Nate...it's still hard to believe that God took 2 imperfect people and made such an amazing child! I know every mother feels this way, but Noah really is special! I can't wait to see the plans God has for him and I pray every day that they will be Gods plans...not Nate or mine's plan...that we teach him to listen to God and not man!

I am taking some much needed "me" time tonight and I am completely alone and although I am loving it....I miss him so much!

I am so thankful for my mother... those of you who know her, know she is a special lady!
A woman of God who has devoted her life to her husband and children! She has always been there for me, encouraged me, prayed for me and over the last year has helped me more than ever before! There is no such thing as a perfect family or a perfect relationship but I am truly blessed and overwhelmed at how God has formed and shaped my family into what we have now!
Father help me to keep the proper perspective when I am frustrated, tired and overwhelmed...my cup overflows! Thank you Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment