Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Books Continued



Just like everything else in my life over the last year...I have had good intentions to keep you posted on ALL the books I would read, but unfortunately, the older Noah gets, the harder it is to find time to read!
So my last post I was just starting to read, Divine, by Karen Kingsbury, which was an amazing read! A little longer than some of her other reads but so worth it! It really touched home for me since I work at a Rehab/Recovery Center for Women!
The last book I read was the start of a series called, the Sunrise Series by Karen Kingsbury, and it took me a ridiculous 4 months to finish it! I really loved it an
d can't wait to start the next one called, Summer today! It is a continuation of the Firstborn series; you really get attached to the characters in a series like this! I found myself crying almost every time I would read! Yes, I know, I am a sap! :)
Nate and I have also started reading Rob Bell's new book, Love Wins...although very controversial, we wanted to find out for ourselves what he is really trying to say! We have been a fan of Rob for many years and have read several of his other books, seen many Nooma's and saw him in person last year in Dallas on his Drops like Rain tour! We have finished the chapter on hell and are about to start the chapter on heaven! I don't have a solid opinion yet so I am waiting until I have read the whole book! It is certainly challenging me to figure out why I believe what I believe, like all of his materials do, but I am not sold on his belief yet! Regardless of our decision, we believe that we will still follow Rob Bell...you will not find a single soul who agree with 100% of the time...we believe that He is a man of God and the bottom line is, we believe in God and what the Bible teaches, not in a man...he is simply a messenger and we, as believers, are called to find things out on our own, not just trust a man!
Anyway, enough of that soapbox! :) I'll keep you posted!


No comments:

Post a Comment